You are here

POP Alerts

POP Mtg reminder: Feb 6 - 2018 Elections - New Mtg Location

ALERT!!! - The next POP Meeting on Tuesday Feb. 6, 6pm, is at The Riv - new location! 10th St. and Federal, one block east of the High School. Food and drink available for purchase for those who want it. Measure 101 passed strong and we're ready to build on that victory for the rest of the year. Please come and help us win more victories and elections!

Draft Agenda

-- Introduction/welcome - Dean

-- Do we want to do a CD2 Candidate Forum? (CGWAN event is not a public forum, just invitation to their regular mtg)

-- Walden Wednesday weekly protest?

ORD2 Indivisible Call to Action January 30, 2018

**ACTION 1: Call Congressman Walden and our Senators**


For details and call script go to:

Measure 101 recap

(From the ORD2 Newsletter 28 Jan 2018)
What did we learn from the vote on Measure 101?

We learned that when we Get Out The Vote, we can win!

1. Measure 101 actually passed if you add up all the votes in Congressional District 2. *It passed strongly in Jackson, Deschutes, Hood River and Wasco counties. The measure ALMOST passed in Gilliam, Umatilla and Wallowa counties.

Meet and greet Jamie McLeod Skinner

You are cordially invited to meet candidate for Oregon District 2 House of Representatives, Jamie McLeod Skinner,at an informal house party, Wednesday January 31, 5:30 - 7 PM. Please invite or bring anyone who might be interested in meeting Jamie.
The venue is the home of Sharon Stewart, 2400 Fairview, The Dalles. Any questions please call Sandy Haechrel at
541-298-5004 or Bob Haechrel at 541-965-2205.

Measure 101 Passes!

Measure 101, which approved assessments to fund health care for low-income individuals and families, and to stabilize health insurance premiums passed statewide. In Wasco County, it passed 59.34% to 40.66%, with a turnout of 42.19% of eligible voters. More detailed results at:

M101 Election Eve Party

A group of us decided to get together tomorrow (Tuesday) night at Clocktower Ales in The Dalles from 7:30pm and on to celebrate the hoped for victory of Measure 101. We will be getting results from websites while we are there. Please join us.

Next POP Meeting: Feb 6 - New Location

The next general POP meeting with be 6pm Tuesday, Feb. 6, at The Riv (formerly The Riverenza) at 10th and Federal, 2 blocks east of the High School. The Riv is under new ownership and we are going to try this out. Food and drinks, including beer and wine, will be available for sale for those who want it. An agenda will be posted as the date gets closer.

Countdown to Election Day: Measure 101


We're down to the last three days to pass Measure 101 and protect health care for thousands of Oregonians. What can you do?

-- Get your ballot in, if you haven't already. It's too late to mail, but there are Election Drop Boxes across Jackson County, including a new one at the Phoenix Library.

-- Volunteer to knock on doors or ring phones to remind people to get their ballots in by 8 p.m. Tuesday.

-- Make sure your friends and family members get their ballots in.

REMINDER: Final Measure 101 Rallies

Okay, folks, we are going down to the wire. We're scheduling two rallies here for the last couple of days: Monday at 4pm at the eastside of downtown, just past the traffic circle. Parking available just east of the circle roundabout. Rally till dusk (near to 5pm). Forecast is 25% chance of shower. Second is Tuesday at noon to 1pm at 2nd and Union - in front of the Post Office. Forecast is 75% chance of showers, but we're hoping our good karma gets us a break in the rain. If you would rather go to 6th and Cherry Heights instead either time, please do.

Calling All Candidates!

POPers: Both of our incumbent Republican legislative representatives resigned for other jobs recently and have been replaced by county commissioners with new people. This is a golden opportunity to elect somebody more progressive to one or both of these seats. Both seats take in more than just Wasco County, especially the Senate seat, but as of yet, neither has anybody declared to run against the unelected/appointed incumbents (the appointed Senator was an elected House representative). Deadline for declaring to run for one of these seats is March 6.


Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer